Another term of college finished... and I've loved our project!
It all started with a yarn bomb - wrapping wool around poles and staircases around college, as you can imagine, the results weren't terribly impressive! But what came out of it was.
We spent a few days drawing our installation... Looking at negative space, doing them in black and white, colour, doing continous lines, blind drawings etc. My favourite were black and white ones I had done with a palette knife and black acrylic paint. I liked how abstract they were and the really interesting shapes that emerged from this.
We then took these drawings, and started developing them a bit more, exploring different medias, patterns, colour schemes... I tried linocuts and various printing techniques, stitching into photographs, painting on acetate etc.
We then digitalised these, and experimented even more on photoshop, exploring properties of the layers and opacities and overlapping. I loved doing this - it produced results so quickly and so wonderfully.
Then it was time to make decisions - finalise our favourite pieces, and produce a collection, of about 9 different patterns. My final 9 are below.
Finally, for the best bit, we visualised these onto products. I took photographs of different bits of stationery, and using photoshop manipulation techniques, placed my patterns on.
So here's the final outcome! My Kaleidoscope Collection!
It was certainly a lot of work in 4 weeks!
Hope you've liked seeing a brief overview of the project!